Anybody that knows me, knows I LIVE for some brunch. ??????
I mean, my #RestingBrunchFace has been on 100 all week long! Needless to say, I very rarely miss an opportunity to indulge, #honestlytruly. But today I felt like lounging around the house and getting some work done. So I decided to make today a ‘brunch at home’ day, and you know what – it wasn’t half bad!
I usually stick with my same go-to omelet – mushrooms, spinach, garlic, tomatoes and cheese – although this time I tried almond cheese and it was actually okay! I couldn’t tell the difference at all. I don’t eat much meat – haven’t for a while – so that’s why I love mushrooms because they give you that meat-like texture without actually having to eat meat. Plus, I still got those #TeyanaTaylorBodyGoals so, believe it or not, I’m really trying to do better.
Unfortunately, I don’t have an official recipe for this omelet, but I think I can wing it below:
What you’ll need:
- 3 eggs (or however many you want)
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/4 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of cheese (any cheese you prefer)
- 1/4 cup of mushrooms (and/or any meat you’d like to add)
- a dash of garlic salt/powder or 1/4 garlic clove
- a dash or pepper, salt and any other seasonings you like!
- whip 2 eggs in bowl; add seasonings that you like
- grease a pan with oil – I prefer coconut oil, but be careful because it can be heavy
- pour egg mixture into pan and cook until it starts looking done around edges
- pour the rest of the ingredients (vegetables, meat) on one half of the omelet (I prefer the side that is less done – if that makes any sense!)
- flip the other half (bare half) over to fold the omelet in half
- cook until that MF looks done
- if you want to get really fancy, go’on and garnish that thang with some sliced avocado
- and if you’re feeling EXTRA bougie, go’on and pour yourself a mimosa too
- whip up a side salad, and perhaps some fruit and you’re good to go ??
That about does it! Just like my life, I pretty much winged that whole thing so, let’s just hope for the best. ? hahaha
Happy eating 🙂