Yesssss, Luvies! Summer has finally decided to come out of hibernation, and boy did it wake up pissed, sheesh! *stands in front of box fan in window – slings hair – sings a little Beyonce tune* Sorry, I digress.
So yea, we’ve established that it’s hot as ever out there. So what do you wear in this heat? What do you do? How do you survive a zombie apocalypse? How do you play that damn Kim Kardashian video game?! I need answers! Ok, maybe it doesn’t require that level of dramatics or, randomness, but yea, everyone needs a few tips to get through this brutal heat. So lucky for you, I have devised this list of Summer Style tips!
1) #TeamNoCakeFace – Yea, I said it! There’s nothing more uncomfortable and quite frankly, unattractive, than to see a woman whose foundation is dripping off her face like ice cream. Like, seriously. Go for a more natural look; less makeup, more beauty. Girls sweat too, so do yourself a favor and take it easy on the make up – it’s just too hot!
2) Wear Lightweight and Flowy Fabrics – Maxi dresses and skirts are puuuuurfect for Summer weather! Very lightweight, feminine, comfortable and cool! You can wear them as is, belt it, or whatever – play around with some different looks! I mean, its hot, right?
3) TopKnots Are Hot – Yes, it’s just toooo hot for all that hair on your neck and shoulders. I mean, you could get ballsy and rock a Summer cut, but if you’re a chicken like me, settle for a messy bun or top knot! I mean, seriously, it’s just too hot. No, seriously!
4) Deodorant is Your Friend – Yea, yea – common sense, I know. But you’d be surprised how many people don’t get this! Carry around a small travel-sized deodorant stick in your hand bag! This will keep you cool, fresh and confident in the midst of this relentless heat. I mean, it’s just TOO hot to stink, you know?
5) Stay Hydrated – Most important tip of all time, every time! Make sure you drink water like your life depends on it – well, it pretty much does! This will keep you cool and hydrated throughout the heat. Stay away from sodas and sugary drinks and pick up a bottle of water instead. Thank me later! ‘Cause it’s just way too hot!
I hope these Summer Style tips keep you cool, fresh and fab, all season long! 🙂