Anybody that knows me well enough can tell you I live for a good taco situation. I can literally eat them every day of the week, if I allow myself to. And see, the way my discipline is set up . . . well, you get the point. Don’t judge me, y’all — I swear I’m trying to change.
But if I’m being real with myself, I know eating tacos every day is just NOT very kind to my waistline. And with it being summer seventeen and all — you know I’m trying to be snatched. So I definitely need a taco alternative!
To satisfy my taco cravings while keeping it clean and healthy, I’ve been making chicken tacos with lettuce wraps instead of tortillas. It’s actually pretty tasty, and adding the lettuce takes the crunch next level — which I really like.
Are you a fellow taco lover but looking to keep it sexy this Summer? Check out this quick recipe:
Chicken Taco recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb of ground chicken (you may use chicken breast for shredded chicken if you choose)
- 1 pack of Frontera’s Chipotle Garlic Taco Skillet Sauce
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1 head of lettuce
- plain greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
- Cook ground chicken and onions in a sauce pan until done
- Add 1 pack of Frontera’s
- Cut the head of lettuce in half, so each half contains “lettuce cups” that can be pulled apart.
- Spoon cooked chicken mixture in lettuce cups; top with salsa, plain greek yogurt and shredded cheese as desired.
I realize I didn’t really make this from scratch (I very rarely do) but ummmm……. sue me, okay? Not really though. I ain’t got time and this only took me like 15 minutes so BOOM. Straight like that.
If you try it, let me know what you think!
Happy eating 🙂